Season’s greetings! (Albeit a tad stale). Since I don’t know what you celebrate, I hope the ChristmaHanuKwanzaa season has been good to you 😉 Anyway, most of you know that I’m always reflecting, always seeking opportunities for self growth, balance and improvement, (read: here) and with the year ending soon, I thought it appropriate to share a post I saw on MindBodyGreen a few weeks ago that really made me think, hence the title of this post.
It helped shed some light on a few things in my life and most importantly, showed me my journey and allowed me to realise I can take it easy on myself because I’ve come a lot further than thought I would. I imagine it might do the same for some of you, or, at the very least, facilitate serious introspection and planning for the coming year. Important advice: I urge you all to consistently self-evaluate. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself I believe, and you’ll find that a lot of your ‘faults’ and mistakes are simply due to growing pains, plus it will help provide well-needed perspective that’s bound to come in handy sooner or later. *
Some of the things that I noticed when I asked myself the questions were:
1. I’m VERY resilient
2. Despite what I thought, I’ve successfully let go of a number of burdens
3. I’ve gotten much better at forgiveness
4. I need to spend more time having ‘downtime’ and less working
All good news, right? Now I’m even more excited to dive headfirst into 2014 and kick some ass! Check it out below and feel free to e-mail or hit me up in the comments section with your feedback.
25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the End of 2013
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself?
Do you have an annual self-reflection ritual? What are your favorite ways to release the old and welcome in the new?
All images used in this post are mine, and were taken with my Samsung phone camera. Feel free to reuse, but be sure to cite your source 😉